Escape reality for a week of unforgettable adventure!
It all starts with surfing.
Whether you are ready to catch your very first wave, become more confident in the water, transition to riding a shortboard, or improve your existing skills while making new surfing friends, we will help you achieve your goals. There are great waves for beginners, advanced beginners, intermediate, and experienced surfers all within walking distance. Getting you into the best waves is our top priority. If you are willing to think positively, push yourself, and listen to feedback you will leave the retreat a better surfer.
After surfing we’ll do yoga.
Yoga is so good for your body and mind. After a morning at the beach and an awesome meal, we’ll head up to the elevated ocean-view yoga studio. Yoga is a great way for surfers to work on core strength, flexibility, balance, and breathing. The yoga sessions will vary between strength building and restorative yoga. The instructor will provide modifications of poses so that every yogi will feel supported and challenged.
If the wind cooperates and the waves are good in the afternoon, we’ll head back to the beach for a second surf session. Otherwise we’ll set off on an adventure. We’ll hop on horseback and gallop down the beach, take a day-trip to the colonial city of Leon and hike up, then board down an active volcano, get dressed up and indulge in incredible French food at a hilltop restaurant with a 360 degree view. If conditions permit we may take a boat cruise to check out a secret surf spot.
The difference between Surf With Amigas and other women’s surf and yoga retreats is attitude and experience. Unlike other places where the instructors are barely intermediate surfers themselves, when you stay with us you will be coached and supported by Holly Beck, a professional surfer with a keen eye for how to help you specifically improve. We video every session and go over the footage so that you can see what you’re doing right and what little changes might help you really improve.
We also create a culture of support. The other girls will become your new surfing sisters, yelling and cheering and clapping and dancing in celebration of your awesome rides. You just don’t get that anywhere else.
$1,800 all inclusive package includes ($1,700 early bird special if booked 3 months in advance):
– two way airport transfer (if you get a flight that arrives on the first date of the retreat and departs on the last day.)
– 7 nights accommodation in a shared cabana
– 4 deliciously healthy meals per day (early morning cold breakfast, post-surf hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
– all beverages (juices, sodas, beer, rum)
– daily surf lessons and video coaching with professional surfer Holly Beck and her team
– all afternoon activities such as yoga, horseback riding, volcano boarding, estuary cruising, and other surprises
– professional video footage of you riding the best wave of your life (photos are sometimes available at small additional cost depending on availability of photographer)
Typical Daily Schedule looks like this:
6:30am wake up for buffet breakfast of coffee, juice, cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit
7:30am – 11am surfing, surfing, surfing!
11:30am delicious lunch
4pm second surf session or other adventure
7pm dinner with new friends
See the Schedule Link for available dates