For detailed retreat info, scroll down past schedule….
Nicaragua // Surf Coaching, Yoga, and Adventure Retreat
availability: SPOTS REMAINING!
about: La Bahia
level: All Levels
price: $1900, all inclusive.
*early-bird discount $1800, must pay deposit by Aug 3.
>> Email email@example.com for availability and to reserve your spot! >>
Our Northern Nicaragua retreat location is a hidden tropical paradise located on the Northern Pacific coast of Nicaragua about 45 min NW from the big city of Chinandega. The eco-friendly resort features comfortable thatch-roof cabanas, (non-smelly!) composting toilets, an unbelievably delicious healthy restaurant, luxurious ocean view yoga studio, swimming pool, and relaxing hammocks, all over-looking two really fun beginner-intermediate friendly surf spots with other great surf options nearby.
The resort has eight eco-friendly cabanas equipped with 2-3 beds in each, mosquito netting, fans, hammocks, and private porches with composting toilets (don’t worry they don’t smell!) and star-gazing showers. We do offer a private cabana upgrade option most weeks. Send us a message to inquire about availability and cost if you’d prefer to not have a roommate.
At this location we are partnered with the non-profit Waves of Hope that is focused on community development programs including building schools, providing English classes, after-school programs, and environmental awareness to the local village.
There is a gorgeous elevated ocean-view yoga studio perfect for stretching out between surf sessions and inspiring your practice.
There are several great surf spots within walking distance. We will primarily surf a user-friendly sandy bay with lefts and rights perfect for learning to stand up for the first time or perfecting your cutback. If the swell is bigger we may also surf a rocky left point that offers long rides.
Here’s a quick video of Holly longboarding at the bay:
Amigas surfing the point:
After surfing and yoga…. we’ll take a horseback ride on the beach, head out to a fun “girls night out” dinner, dip in the pool, relax in the hammock with a book, or toast new friends with a cold cerveza!
Typical daily schedule:
– Early morning wake up for coffee/tea and continental breakfast (homemade granola, fresh bread, homemade peanut butter, fruit, etc.)
– Morning surf session (surf as long as you like, we’ll stay out until you’re done!)
– Second hot breakfast
– Yin yoga session to stretch out tired surfing muscles and rejuvenate you for the afternoon activities
– 1:1 Video coaching session going over your footage from the morning with one of our surf coaches
– Afternoon activity – depending on the day, surf conditions, and desires of the group, this may be a second surf session, horseback riding on the beach, “girl’s night out” sunset viewing and dinner at a fun restaurant nearby, cocktail party in the pool, day trip to Leon to volcano board and check out the cathedrals, shopping!
$1900 ($1800 if deposit is made more than three months in advance)
Retreat package includes:
– Two way airport transfer between the resort and Managua International Airport
– 7 nights in a shared cabana (private cabanas also available most retreat weeks for extra cost of $250)
– 4 deliciously healthy fresh meals per day plus dessert every night!
– Unlimited water, fresh juice, and sodas
– All activities, use of surfboards, surf coaching, daily yoga class
– Photos (when photographer available) and Video footage from surf sessions
– Massage (one hour massage for $30)
– Alcoholic beverages