“A Hidden Gem Nestled Between Jungle and Ocean”
Stay at a locally owned eco-lodge, located at the edge of a 800 acre private biological reserve, and looking directly out at the ocean. Accommodations are eco-friendly and rustic but comfortable. Cabanas feature large screened windows, fans to keep cool, and ensuite bathrooms. There’s a covered restaurant area where we will have our meals and do our video coaching and “classroom” sessions, and a gorgeous open air platform for yoga.
This region in Costa Rica is regarded as one of the most biologically diverse places in the world. Expect to see monkeys, sloths, toucans, scarlet macaws and a variety of other local creatures! We’ll ride horses deep into the jungle to check out a Native Indian reserve, do a boat trip to surf (conditions permitting), and have a ladies night out on the town. We’ll even learn to make chocolate and support the indigenous community by shopping their locally made products. Most of all, we’ll relax and reconnect with nature.
As of fall 2021, the resort officially has fiber optic wifi- so you’ll have a chance to stay connected while still in the jungle! There is cell service too, activating an international data plan is another option to stay connected. Family members are always welcome to call the resort number as well in order to check in (that number available in the travel info document).
With a fun wave directly out front, a few gentler waves down the beach, and a couple world class waves nearby, we’ll be on a surf safari to get you into the best waves possible. If the swell is bigger we’ll be on a mission by boat or car to surf some of the longest waves in the world. We also like to explore some hidden nooks and crannies that are also super fun and often empty. We typically break up the group by ability so that everyone gets what they’re looking for and we don’t show up anywhere with a big crowd!
Southern Costa Rica Jungle Retreat Details
Price: Starting at $2300 for a room for 3, $2450 for a room for 2, $2600 for a private (pending availability)
- Two way transportation from the Golfito Airport (provided you arrive and depart on the designated days/times)
- 7 nights accommodation in a shared room (2-4 per room depending on size of room. Price upgrades available to have fewer roommates)
- 4 deliciously healthy fresh meals per day (early morning cold breakfast, hot brunch, lunch, and dinner, plus dessert)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, water, and juice
- Daily individualized in-water surf coaching/instruction/guiding
- Daily one on one post- session video coaching with one of our instructors
- Video footage from surf sessions
- A group of awesome new Amigas who may become your lifetime surfing friends!
- Surfboard rental
- Daily yoga classes
- Adventures such as horseback riding, jungle exploring, boat trips, hiking, chocolate making, monkey viewing, ladies night out, etc.
To book your flight, first fly into San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO), then connect to a domestic flight to Golfito. We recommend looking at the possible international options but then actually booking your Golfito flight before booking your international flight. I was told by an Amiga who has already booked hers that it looked like all the flights shown below on the schedule were available until she actually tried to book one of them. So book the smaller flight first just to be sure! There are several flights per day into Golfito – an early morning, a midday, and a later afternoon flight. Our shuttle will pick you up on the midday or afternoon flight only since the hotel does not allow check in before noon. For the way out, choose the early or midday flight to take advantage of our shuttle.
For the flight from San Jose to Golfito, you need to book with Sansa Air directly – you can’t use Expedia. For questions on booking flights or other options if you can’t find an itinerary that works for you, send us an email!