What? We’re going on a luxury boat trip to surf and explore the beautiful Maldives!
Where? A floating oasis live-aboard boat exploring the Northern Atolls. Fly into Male to meet the boat. *Email for our detailed travel document with instructions on booking flights.
Who? Intermediate to advanced shortboard surfers who know how to duck-dive and mid-length surfers who are confident dropping in are welcome. We do not have rental boards available, so you’ll need to bring your own surf equipment.
Why? To explore one of the most gorgeous surf-rich regions of the world while challenging yourself in epic warm-water waves with the full support of the SWA team!
When? August 10-17 & August 18-25, 2024
This luxurious boat sleeps twelve guests and four staff comfortably in berths for two, with one private room available. There’s ample space inside to get out of the sun and relax between sessions, and a nice open top deck where we’ll do yoga, drink coffee as we pull up to a new surf break, and star-gaze at night.
The surf spots in the Maldives are gorgeous world-class reef breaks. The waves are typically a bit softer and smaller than what you’d find in a place like Indonesia since the Maldives are located further North in the Indian Ocean. There are super fun lefts and rights and we’ll be cruising between spots such as Cokes, Chickens, Jails, Sultans, Honkeys, Ninjas, Quarters, Rip Tides, etc. The waves are appropriate for shortboards, midlengths and longboards, but this is not a trip for beginners. You need to be comfortable duck-diving or turtle rolling and taking off at an angle. The SWA coaches will be there to support you as always, but having confidence in the water is a pre-requisite.
Maldives Surf and Yoga Retreat Details
2024 RETREAT DATES:
Aug 10-17 & AUG 18-25
Price: $3800 for 7 days in shared room (for 2)
Price: $4250 for 7 days in a private room (one available)
Email [email protected] with questions
- Two way transportation from Male (provided you arrive and depart on the designated days/times)
- 7 nights accommodation in a shared room (2 guests per room) *only one private upgrade available at this location
- 3 deliciously healthy fresh meals per day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus dessert)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, and water
- Transportation to surf spots
- Daily individualized in-water surf coaching/instruction/guiding
- Daily one on one post- session video coaching with one of our instructors *since we’ll be surfing from a boat, sometimes video footage can be hard to capture. We’ll have a photographer on the team to capture everything, but understanding that logistics may prevent some sessions from being filmed.
- Video footage from surf sessions
- Daily yoga classes
- A group of awesome new charging Amigas who may become your lifetime surfing friends!
- Alcoholic beverages
- Soft drinks, specialty coffees, smoothies, etc.
- Tips for staff
To book your flight, fly into Male. Arrive to Male before 10am on the 10th and depart after 6pm on the 17th. Jet lag is real and it’s a long journey. We recommend spending at least one night in Male on the way in and if you have time to spend two, you won’t regret having the time to rest and get adjusted before getting on the boat in order to make the most of your trip. Email [email protected] for the full travel info document.