This Northern Nicaragua retreat location is a hidden tropical paradise located on the Northern Pacific coast of Nicaragua about 45 min NW from the big city of Chinandega. The eco-friendly resort features comfortable thatch-roof cabanas, an unbelievably delicious healthy restaurant, luxurious ocean view yoga studio, swimming pool, and relaxing hammocks, all over-looking two really fun beginner-intermediate friendly surf spots with other great surf options nearby. The cabanas are equipped with 2-3 beds in each, mosquito netting, fans, hammocks, and ensuite open-air fully private bathrooms with star-gazing showers. We do offer a private cabana upgrade option most weeks. Send us a message to inquire about availability and cost if you’d prefer to not have a roommate.
At this location we are partnered with the non-profit Waves of Hope that is focused on community development programs including building schools, providing English classes, after-school programs, and environmental awareness to the local village.
There are several great surf spots within walking distance. We’ll primarily surf a user-friendly sandy bay with lefts and rights perfect for learning to stand up for the first time or perfecting your cutback. This retreat location is suitable for surfers of ALL levels. If the swell is bigger we may also surf a rocky left point that offers long rides. There are also a couple of spots accessible by boat and car if the conditions and skill level of guests warrant further exploration.
Northern Nicaragua Eco Resort Details
Starting at $2100 for room for 3. Rooms for 2 and privates also available.
- Two way airport shuttle between resort and Managua International Airport (provided you arrive and depart on the designated days/times)
- 7 nights accommodation in shared cabana (available for 2-4 guests per cabana)
- 4 deliciously healthy fresh meals per day (early morning cold breakfast, hot brunch, lunch, and dinner, plus dessert)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, water, juice, and sodas
- Daily individualized in-water surf coaching/instruction/guiding
- Daily one on one post- session video coaching with one of our instructors
- Video footage and photos from surf sessions
- Surfboard rental
- Daily yoga classes
- Adventures (horseback riding, estuary wake surfing tour, ladies night out, etc.)
- A group of awesome new Amigas who may become your lifetime surfing friends!
- Private cabana upgrade