New Dates added: Jan 5-12 and Jan 12-17 2019
2x World Longboard Champ Jen Smith will be on hand alongside our awesome Surf With Amigas instructors to demonstrate beautiful long boarding during our Northern Nicaragua retreats in January. She’ll be available to help Amigas improve their longboard skills whether that be learning to walk the board, hanging five for the first time, executing drop-knee turns, or simply working on style.
Situated on a 19-acre teak farm, overlooking one of Northern Nicaragua’s most beautiful and remote beaches, La Bahia is an intimate, peaceful, eco-friendly resort. The resort was constructed using local labor and materials such as volcanic rock, teak and salvaged wood from Hurricane Felix.
La Bahia features four stylish ocean-view, thatch- roof cabanas. Each cabana is fully equipped with it’s own ensuite open-air bathroom, relaxing hammocks and lounge spaces. The grounds include a refreshing swimming pool for cooling dips, a brand new yoga studio overlooking the ocean, and stylish bar and restaurant.
Our favorite surf spot, “The Bay” is directly out front, and features great waves for experienced surfers, as well as super fun user-friendly waves for beginners. The Bay is the perfect break for standing up for the first time, or working on nose riding, cutbacks, generating your own speed, and doing turns. We love the new ability to constantly watch the conditions from the resort, and easily surf multiple times per day.
We also have lots of other surf options nearby. Depending on the conditions and desires of the group we will do some driving and boating missions to check these places out. As always, our goal is to get you the best waves possible.
This retreat is open to ladies of all levels who ride all lengths of surfboards, but long boarders are particularly welcomed.
La Bahia Longboarding Retreat Details
Starting at $1800
- Two way airport shuttle between resort and Managua International Airport (provided you arrive and depart on the designated days/times)
- 7 nights accommodation in shared cabana
- 4 deliciously healthy fresh meals per day (early morning cold breakfast, hot brunch, lunch, and dinner, plus dessert)
- Unlimited coffee, tea, water, juice, and sodas
- Daily individualized in-water surf coaching/instruction/guiding
- Daily one on one post- session video coaching with one of our instructors
- Video footage and photos from surf sessions
- Surfboard rental
- Daily yoga classes
- Adventures (horseback riding, chocolate making, ladies night out, etc)
- A group of awesome new Amigas who may become your lifetime surfing friends!
TO CHECK THE SCHEDULE AND BOOK A RETREAT CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW
Here’s our highlight video from our advanced Longboard Retreat last year:
For more on Jen Smith, enjoy the following video.